The main objectives of EBO Nigeria are as follows;
- To provide a constant link between the European Union Delegation to Nigeria and ECOWAS (the “EU Delegation”) and the European business community in Nigeria.
- To actively promotes trade, investment and exchanges between European and Nigerian business and to engage central and/or local government, when necessary, to raise awareness or formulate recommendations on particular issues of interest or concern.
- To facilitate business networking for small, medium and large enterprises including multi-national companies through local national chambers, bilateral chambers and recognized national business groups and the EU Delegation.
- To advocate European quality standards, best business practices and corporate social responsibility.
- To collect and analyze information and statistics for the purpose of offering perspective and context to the members in cooperation with local national chambers, bilateral chambers and recognized national business groups and the EU Delegation.
- To provide monitoring of trade and investment agreements and identify problems hindering dynamic development of trade between the EU and Nigeria.
- To advocate the removal of trade and investment barriers for European companies operating in Nigeria and provide assistance to Nigerian businesses to take advantage of the benefits of entering EU markets.
- To actively assist Nigeria in the development of a common ECOWAS market and to actively assist European and Nigerian business to take advantage of such common market.
- To report and create awareness about the importance of intellectual property rights and patents.
- To create and sustain a positive image of Europe, the European Union and European businesses in Nigeria.
- To undertake EU funded projects with due diligence in support of EBO-Nigeria’s mission, vision and objectives.